Thursday, October 29, 2009

La Perugina




On Wednesday I went with my “class” to visit the Chocolate Factory “Perugina”. It was bought by Nestle a few years ago , due to the fact that the employees where asking for raises and the previous owner ( and founder) the Spagnoli family could not afford. So Nestle (the international sweets company) bought it. We all packed like sardines into a city bus and went to the Perugina, as we entered the factory we were given free baci and other Perugina chocolate.. Pictures were taken throughout the small “museum” ( I would call it a display room..) where the history of the baci was explain to us. Which was basically what I wrote in my previous blog.. Then we were shown a few old commercials for Baci. Such as this one

:-) We saw a gigantic Baci which won the Guinness World record in 2003, And then we were told that cameras or cell phones were not allowed within the actually factory… so I don’t have any more pictures … But I got to see the whole production of the baci ( La Perugina is the only factory in the world that produces the Baci, they produce something like 1200 baci per min. It’s ridiculous.. ) We also saw the production of the famous Easter eggs (that have a surprise inside :-) ) and then there was the Rossana, which is a chocolate with the flavor of rum ( I’m not sure if their actual rum liquid in it… I can’t remember.. But if you’re familiar with Rossana, please enlighten me by leaving a comment bellow.. ) There was also a whole bunch of other chocolate they make… like banana flavored, coffee flavored, baci with a cherry inside instead of a hazel nut , etc… It was a fun experience! Pictures are up in my photobucket under Italy> La Perugina
I finished Atlas Shrugged… so now I need another book… got any ideas ?

4 comments:

  1. SIMON CAN YOU MAKE IT..so all my pictures.. aren't cut in half ? thanks.Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken Follent
    Tome 1:Pillars of the Earth
    Tome 2: World
    ou
    Michel Folco (Dieu et nous seuls pouvons; Un loup est un loup; En avant comme avant; Même le mal se fait bien) c'est une série, suis pas certaine de l'ordre.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. euh arsene, c'est pour Arsène Lupin, le plus grand des voleurs ... lol... et c'est moi bien évidemment
    Lucrèce

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) ah merci... je me demande qui c'etait pour un moment... jai meme clique sur la profile.. mai elle est prive...

    Merci pour le recomandacion.. je vais essais de lire ... a un point dans ma vie.. hahah .. no mais je suis sure quie son bon si tu le recomande.. donc.. je vai les lire... quand je peux!!

    je taime!!

    ps.. je te cherche une vache !

    ReplyDelete