Monday, October 12, 2009

FIRENZE !! (Florence)

So what did you do this weekend ? (Leave your weekend in the comment section) I went to Florence! No wait.. Technically the weekend starts after work/school on Friday right ? ..Alright , well first thing fist, on Friday I got out of class at 10 am, and decided to go explore Perugia some more..I was on a mission to find a office or art supply store ,so that I could finally start my scrapbook that I’ve been collect things for… bus tickets, plane tickets, trains tickets, menus, business cards, random pictures..Maps…. you know.. The stuff a travelers “souvenir book” would consist of… On my way to find this store… I passed by one of the museums in my town that was exhibiting “Andy Warhol… in the city” without hesitation I walked in ( got the student discount ) and went to see some Pop art. The museum had some original prints of “The Gold Book” among many others.. it was pretty awesome ! after an hour or so I was back on my mission, walking around the streets of Perugia.. I found a mini groceries store (which is going to be very practical, when I don’t have time to catch the bus to go to the big groceries store ) I found one of the MINI metro stations ( the mini metro is like a subway that’s above ground that goes through and around Perugia .. it has little tiny wagons that can only fit like.. 8-10 people max. its really cute. ) and then.. I found an art supply store, which had stationary stuff in it.. :) goal accomplish! Nothing else happened Friday.. except that I went out with the same people I went out with last weekend.. to this .. traditional cooking Italian restaurant. Good food, but I couldn’t finish any of the courses… Italian.. I think eat way to much…. Maybe.. I haven’t made up my mind yet..
But anyways back to the original topic.. FIRENZE! On Saturday my future roommate (Carolina) and I caught a train up to Florence for less than 10€ (sweet! ) there we meet up with one of her friends (Vivi) who was also from chili ..And with the aid of a map and Vivi’s memory (from the previous time she had been to Florence as a family trip) we managed to find an Youth hostel (for way cheaper than any hotel) where we drop of our bags and went out to see the art and historical beauty of Florence. From Santa Maria del Fiore -Duomo, to Ponte Vecchio we walk around and took so many pictures that by the end of the night.. I was exhausted.
Sunday morning, we left the hostel at 8 in the morning to go stand in line at the Uffizi Museum . We took turns waiting in line while the other two would go around taking pictures of and with statues like Michelangelo’s “David”
after about two hours of waiting in line …We finally got it. I wasn’t prepared for all the works of art that I saw… paintings and sculptures..that must of taken a life time to accomplish… I saw Leonardo de Vinci’s
,,Michelangelo’s
, Boticelli‘s “Birth of Venus” and "Primavera" And so many others.. I wish I could of taken pictures… some were breath taking and then others were repetitive.. The Jesus theme honestly kind of got old.. After the 15th room or so that had the same images.. But by different painters..( ok ok.. maybe I’m exaggerating.. but there was a bunch of “Mary with baby Jesus, Jesus and the 3 kings, Mary and the angel, Jesus on the cross etc … paintings..) but I get it.. I’m in the country where the pope lives.. Of course it’s going to be very religious.
After the Uffizi Museum we walked around some more, we even tried to go inside the dome… but we missed visiting hours.. since it was Sunday.. and it was only open like 3 hours.. We went to Palazo Piti ,Palazo Vecchio, San Lorenzo, Piazza della S.S. Annunziata , Porta San Galzo…. Santa Maria Novella was our last stop before we had to catch the last train back to Perugia .. It was an great new experience… ! next I think I want to go to Venice .. Where do you think I should go in italy ?

4 comments:

  1. fantastique quelle belle photo merci de me faire voyagé avec toi gros gros bisou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so excited of your travels. you make me want to be there sooooooo bad. It is so incredible that you were able to witness such incredible art.

    Also your writing is getting so much better and on point. you are amazing, keep growing little sprout.

    I'll work on you tweaks for the site soon. keeppppppp posting.

    love ya we got to talk soon. you make me re-believe that everything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aswesome Shakti! Glad you are having a blast and I'm happy I found your blog. :-) Looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete