Monday, October 5, 2009

First Weekend part II

I figured my entry was getting a bit long.. so I made a part two :)
Sunday was a pretty slow/relaxing day.. I didn’t particularly have to wake up for anything.. I wasn’t sure what I was going to end up doing…. So I slept in.. ( I think.. im finally not jet-lagged.. and almost caught up on sleep.. ) Once I woke up.. I did some budgeting figuring out part of my money$$$$ situation… then I read some more of this little blue book I got.. ( it’s “the stranger’s guide to Perugia” I got it at the agency who is helping me out with a place to stay.. ) this little blue book is filled with everything.. from how to find a room , where to eat, what to do in your free time, to every bus and train schedule to get out of Perugia and visit Italy! I’m quite fond of it…
I got to this part where it mapped out a path for a walk where I could find the best view.. of Perugia.. Curious , I decided to try a go follow it… but.. I ended up making up my own path… I took some Wonderful pictures for you guys!! Be existed . hopefully they will be up at the same time this is.. (Click on the link ------------ :) want a closer look? Login in lola2314 password lorriana )
I found a beautiful church… called the “Oratory of San Berbardino” took some more pictures.. and continued walking around..up hill .. down hill.. through an alley, found some more eateries.. im excited to try out.. some Greek and Lebanon restaurants… some more Pizzarias … then onto the main road .. where to my surprise I saw a whole bunch of people lined up on the side of the street awaiting……. I wasn’t sure… then through the crowd I heard a band start playing.. and some flag twirlers.. funny looking guards..marching.. and a bunch of cars approaching in the distance.. I blended into the crowd and looked around for clues.. to what might be the cause of.. this parade…. After 15 mins.. or so.. all these photographers appeared. They were surrounding these two little short old man, dressed in bright fuchsia … priest they seem to be…
They made their way up to the center of the town, where a small stage had been erected.. joining then men suits and other black robe priest…. I finally asked someone next to me.. in broken down Italian.. what the commotion was all about.. and she told me that one of the two men in fuchsia was the bishop of Umbria.. ( or something.. like that.. I didn’t really understand.. but he was some important Christian figure.. ) I took some pictures… .. I stayed for a bit.. and listen to him talk… but didn’t really understand anything more than what im writing now..maybe I’ll google him.. and give you guys some more information!

Well until next time dear readers..

by the next time I blog.. I hope to have move.. and obtain wifi in my room! Keep you all posted.

-Lorriana

Ps. I miss you much <3

2 comments:

  1. content de te lire love you lache pas tu vas trouvé une belle place pour resté gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the link for the pictures. That nice little village sounds so exciting.

    ReplyDelete